The Best of 1989

10:42 PM

Sorry this is super late. Got a little distracted last night and today.


Taylor Swift is probably one of my favorite artists. She doesn't make music for anyone but herself and I think it's incredible how she hasn't changed that after almost 8 years. And her new album 1989 is absolutely incredible. And I love that it's fully pop. The music and lyrics are amazing and if you haven't heard all of it, fix that now. Here are my top 5!

Blank Space | Incredible. I love the message she's sending how she's kind of making fun of what other people always say about her. Yes, she has had a few boyfriends and writes them into songs. This is definitely one of her more open songs. This was the second song I heard when I was going through the album and I had to replay it right away. And the video is incredible. The guy is very gorgeous as well.

Out of the Woods | This song is rumored to be about Harry Styles and there is some evidence about that ("two paper airplanes flying"). I really like the way it's written. It's really unlike a lot of songs out there today. I only wish I could be that talented to put my feelings into songs.

Wildest Dreams | The first few lines of this song always get me. I have said that so many times I want to run away from everything and start over somewhere else. I would definitely do it in a heart beat. This song isn't really about that but it's still so beautiful. Definitely the best heartbreak song I've heard since "Say Something".

I Know Places | This is a very dark and eerie song, and I think that's what makes it so good. I can relate to this song. Some people don't understand other people's relationships. They think it's not worth it, but it's different when you're actually in it. That's how it was with my boyfriend in the beginning. If I would have listened to my friends two years ago then I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now. <3

Wonderland | This song takes me back to my childhood. Alice in Wonderland, 1951. Perfection! All of the quirky references to one of my favorite movie are amazing. Even though it's not the happiest of songs, it does put a smile on my face. 

Some of my other favorites are Style, Shake It Off, I Wish You Would, How You Get the Girl, Clean, and New Romantics. Not quite the whole album but pretty close to it. And the polaroid should have had the "no its becky" shirt.

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images