All I Know About Concealers

12:20 PM

Concealer. Concealer. Concealer. This product can very well be your best friend when you have an uninvited spot or you failed to get any sleep the previous night. But it’s hard to know which one is right to use. These are just some of the concealers I've been able to try.


Under Eye Concealers | When I first got serious about makeup, I was using the potted MAC Studio Finish concealer shown above. Little did I know that I was completely wrong and it was more likely to cake up during the day. Personally I didn't think it looked bad by the end of the day. But low and behold, I ended up buying different concealers to hide my pesky dark circles. It is best to use a more liquid concealer because it is easier to blend.

I find that the Clinique Line Smoothing concealer gets the job done. The MAC Pro Longwear is also good but a little bit goes a long way. I’m still testing out the new Maybelline Master Conceal concealers. A blog post will be out soon.

Spot Concealers | I don’t know about you but I have a lot of dark spots. Not even acne. It’s just like a colony of spots on my cheeks and chin. Most annoying thing ever. Potted concealer is definitely best for this. It’s thicker and more likely to cover the spot without showing through.

For these I like the Benefit Boi-ing concealer and MACStudio Finish concealer. I use a concealer brush and apply it directly to the spot. Then, with clean fingers, I blend it in slightly, focusing mainly on the edges. The L'Oréal True Match Crayon concealer is something I’m still trying to get used to. You use it just like the potted concealers but apply directly from the crayon.

Correctors | Last, but not least, there are correcting concealers. I found this Maybelline Eraser Dark Spot treatment one day. I wasn't sure how to use it at first and if it would even work. But I finally found a decent way to use it. After you do your skincare and apply a primer, put this on any dark spots you may have that are hard to cover with normal concealers (I use this on the colony I mentioned earlier). Then apply your foundation and another layer of concealer if you need it.

What’s your favorite concealer?
xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images