Review | Fake Beauty Blender

4:31 PM

I am very excited to introduce my Love It or Hate It series where I review different products and let you know if I love them or hate them (clever right?).

I have been wanting to buy the Beauty Blender for a very long time now. I always see makeup tutorials using it and it looks like it blends your makeup better than using a disposable beauty wedge. I just couldn't justify spending $20 on a sponge. I was recently at T.J. Maxx and saw a knockoff brand that had a similar sponge but with a different shape for $3.99. When I saw the price, I couldn't resist.



How I Use It:
When I first got the blender I wasn't sure how to use it. I first used it dry and absolutely hated it. I didn't like the way it blended my concealer and the sponge itself was pretty hard. I did some research and found out that most people used it wet. So I tried that and I could really tell a difference. All my makeup blended much smoother and it was incredible.

How to Clean:
On the back of the package it suggests to clean once a week if you use it daily with a mild cleanser, baby shampoo, or mild soap. At first I used a soap that I thought was mild and I quickly found out I was wrong. It took forever for all the soap to get out. I then looked up what other people did and I came across this video from Tati on YouTube. She suggests microwaving for 30 seconds in water to get the bacteria out and then using some kind of soap. I actually used baby shampoo because it is mild for a reason. After you rinse it, I used a towel to get most of the water out and then set it out to air dry. And it’s as simple as that.




In the end, I absolutely LOVE this product. I definitely suggest buying one if you don't want to spend the money on the real Beauty Blender. I also found out that Target carries one similar for $4.99.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images