Weekly Wrap-Up

3:26 PM


Mother’s Day | Today is the day we celebrate mothers and all they have done for us. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. My mom is the greatest. She’s probably the strongest person I know. I can’t believe all she has done for my older brothers and I. One day I hope to give back just half of everything she has given to me. I hope everyone values their relationship with their mothers. You really don’t know how long you have her. Cherish the little moments you have and never take her for granted.

Grandma | I love my grandma. She’s the sweetest, most feisty woman I have ever met. If you have ever seen Golden Girls (my guilty pleasure and I’m not ashamed), think of Sophia. She has cancer. We found out in February and it hasn't been easy since. But she’s a fighter and always has been. She has been in the hospital for about a week now due to a mass. We were hoping she would go home yesterday but she is still there. I've been to the hospital twice this week to visit her and if you were to see her around our family, you wouldn't think she had cancer. She’s always smiling and laughing and it warms my heart to see her like that.

Blogging | I’m probably one of the bad bloggers in this world. I keep going on breaks and I hate myself for it. But I’m back finally. Back to blogging. It really makes me happy and I love reading other blogs too. So I’m getting a little more serious about blogging. I’m thinking about changing the name. It’s so hard trying to come up with clever names for a blog. My boyfriend has been so sweet in trying to help with the names. I think I have a couple of good ones that I actually came up with while writing this section. This just shows that inspiration can hit at any point of the day.

Pinterest | If you have read my About Me page then you know Pinterest is one of my most favorite things in this world. Just under my boyfriend and Christmas. I've been going on it more and more as of late. I feel like I took a break from that as well. Whenever I feel bored or I’m just watching TV, I find my fingers automatically open my phone and go to the Pinterest app. Is it bad that I have almost 70 boards?!? It’s my constant need to have things in their own categories within categories. Like my boards for blog design and a separate one for tips. Take a look for yourself! You will see how bad it gets J.

Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen | My mom unfortunately had to work today (second year in a row L), so we decided to celebrate mother’s day last night with dinner at a restaurant we've never been to before. After one was too busy (too many college graduates celebrating), we ended up at this restaurant called Cheddar’s. We've passed by it several times and always ask ourselves what’s a scratch kitchen? Is everything made from scratch? I think it was. My favorite part of the meal was their homemade honey butter croissants. I’m obsessed with croissants. These were the perfectly sweet and melted in your mouth. They gave us four but we could only eat one. I took the rest home and had some for breakfast. They still tasted amazing the second day. I can’t wait to go back already.

What were some of your highlights from this week?

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images